Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Poll: Paint Scheme

Which paint scheme should I use on the wrecked Warhound? I've finished it and mounted it on its base (along with a hill/pile of dirt structure made of paper towels, which will be later painted and have sand/flock glued on.) Basically, I need a color for the majority of the structure, one for the head, and one for... trim, but I think I want to do caution stripes on the trim, so take that into consideration. So... primary and secondary colors... go! (Also, it will be weathered, because it's been, you know... boom!ed for a while...)

As a side note, should I add anything else to the base to make it more battlefield-y? It looks somewhat bare to me, but it could be because it isn't painted and sanded yet. I'm also doing my best to take into consideration actually being able to place models on it.


I was going for half-buried... I think I've captured the effect well enough.

The paper towels under the chin will be reshaped to look more natural before I paint it.

The vents were not as big of a PITA as I thought they would be.

The grating area will definitely be a steel/boltgun metally color.

The barrels on the Vulcan Megabolter definitely were a PITA though.

As always, vaya con Dios,
Timothy

2 comments:

  1. Well, given that you play the Salamandars, I would say it could either be painted in their colors and thus be a focal point of your game table. Some lost tech your guys fight to defend/recover.. Or, if they were used back that far, it could be done up in the colors of one of the traitor chaptors from the Horus Heresy Era.. Perhaps even the sons of horus or someone closely aligned with the Adeptus Mechanicus..

    My other thought would be to make it Neutral Colors with lots of rust so it's more non-descript and could be used as if it belonged to anyone of the many different chapters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post makes me grin... simply because there is some random Adeptus Mechanicus/Collegia Titanica player out there that will one day stumble onto this post and have his head explode due to all the lore inaccuracies*. Thanks. :D

      I've considered doing the nearly fully rusted look, but I'm not totally sold on the idea yet. I kind of want it to look more or less recently destroyed and possibly salvageable.




      *Titans belong to their own branch of the Imperial Military (The Collegia Titanica)... which is as separate and equal from the rest of the Imperium as any Space Marine chapter or Sisters convent. While there are instances where Titans are attached to Space Marine Chapters (and even more often, Imperial Guard Regiments/PDFs) the titan in question always retains the heraldry and colors of it's particular Legion. Titan Legions are somewhat akin to a Space Marine Chapter, though the largest known only contains ~60 Titans of various classes.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...