Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Month Later

It's been a month since my last post, and since then, I've been going out to BKG as a Friday night regular, which is only so I can be better prepared for the Escalation League they'll be hosting in the near future. Unfortunately, this has made getting out to Battlefront on Saturdays a bit harder than it already was previously (single car family, guess who doesn't get first dibs on its usage...) and I've ended up missing the last two Saturdays completely. Sadness.



All that aside, I haven't gotten a whole lot of progress done on any of my armies or projects for that matter to many directions, I suppose. Though I have gotten the Hounds of Hel painted to a standard I'd feel comfortable fielding them in the affore-mentioned League. I also bought a Tac squad and the bikers from the Dark Vengeance set (Thanks to Eric) and have been on the lookout for cheap biker models to make a full army of them (Angels of Destruction. I'm using Ravenwing bits to make them look COOL)... so far I've picked up a Chaos Bike for my Captain (thanks Jeff) so he stands out a bit better. And that's about it. I was going to pick up a small hand full of bikes from another guy, but circumstances beyond the control of mere mortals said no. Maybe in a couple weeks.

All that aside, I've stalled out on my Titan project. I decided I didn't like the "hill" made of paper towels and ripped him/it out of it. I plan to cut some foam (I've had the stuff sitting in the garage for almost 9 months now, might as well do something with it) into a hill/pile and go from there. Also, I learned that trying to base terrain on cardboard box is not a wise idea... it warped pretty bad even with blocks of steel (trying) to hold it flat. Here's some pictures of the titan and the paper towel "hill" taken by a local IG player named Dale (he has no online presence that I'm aware of, so no linky.)


I was going for the "toppled over and partially buried" look that was all the rage this summer. :D

Surprisingly, the Vulcan Mega-Bolter barrels were much less fidgety than I had anticipated.

Also worth mentioning, I bought a spin-caster for resin earlier this week (impossibly cheap, and it works... Profit.) and I plan to start making resin components compatible with the Game-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named. ;) So if anyone wants anything done let me know, and I'll see if I can't do something about it. I already have an idea for very un-assuming "rough-stone walkway" line of bases, just something simple to try out and figure out what I'm doing and how I'm doing it.

Vaya con Dios,
Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...