Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Insane in the Ter-rain

It looks like I've been bitten by the terrain making bug again...

It all started when I went browsing through my old standby's for terrain inspiration. Don't know why exactly... maybe because one of the many blogs I meander around was talking about terrain today... I can't really remember though. In any case, since its creation, I've followed Bugbait's Epic Terrain Thread of Epicness. There is soooooo much coolness in that thread you can't help but want to build crap. After checking in on that and seeing all the cool new goodies Bugbait has been working on (he actually has a template to make a Imperial Bastion out of foamboard. Epic considering 6th Ed...), I went on a google rampage looking for even more 40k terrain ideas and found A forum for terrain maniacs. I like it a bunch, and was totally surprised (read: not at all) when I saw that Bugbait was highly active there.

Two specific threads really caught my attention, mostly due to the shear unusualness of the terrain the guy was making, and both threads were started by this same guy... Vet Sgt. Playing with Crystals and A very alien looking jungle table are both outstanding in their own right, and I plan on stealing the ideas to make some crazy terrain for aliens.

For my first project, I've built some very basic sections of ruins out of very thick cardstock. Next up I'll build a power station (along with some high-techy looking energy canisters). And then after that, I'll build a wrecked cardstock Warhound Titan (I've done a fully built one before... Lack0fabettername's templates are beyond excellent for the basic structure, though they leave detailing up to the builder...) so I can have the cred of having a wrecked Titan for terrain. Awe yeah... One day, I may build a cardstock crashed Thunder Hawk. Cause that would be sooooooo freaking awesome...

Here's some random pictures of the crap I've built in the past (mostly taken from the Apocalypse game I played in during my last weekend in Arizona.)


Would have eventually been a set of promethium tanks. And the tiny barrel. I love those things. Unfinshed, unfortunately. 
This is the Warhound I built back then... It went Nuclear and took out nearly all my army. I was a sad puppy. (Also, I got mad and tore it into multiple pieces...)
A Stompa I made for Johnny. It used to be a fountain firework in a past life.  That was a good day.
One of two (unfinished) Promethium Refinery/Tank-Thingies. I miss them, but I left all the terrain in AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...