Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My humble beginnings

This is the first set of pictures I took once my army was "fully painted" when I started playing (what feels like) ages ago... Also included are pictures of Skoll the Warhound Titan I built from cardstock (my very first Paperhammer model... it shows a bit.)

All told, I had the contents of a Black Reach box, a Predator, a Landspeeder (With multi-melta and assault cannon of all things!), Some bikes (including a Biker Librarian.) and eventually a Dreadnought. Also some random tactical marines. Good times... good times. It's good to look back and see how much better (which really is a lot, but there's always room for improvement...) I've gotten at painting.


Some of the first models I painted. They recently were stripped and repainted to be Angels of Destruction.
I miss those bikers, but I traded them for them for the Shiny Gold Dreadnought in pictures further down...

This guy has be stripped and repainted more than any other two models I own combined.

I still have the Predator, which just got a new paint job in a new color scheme. Same goes for the Speeder, though it is now a Typhoon. The Dreadnought eventually became the base for my Bjorn the Fell-Handed conversion.

My Lukas the Trickster. The first metal model I'd painted.

The Titan.

Side view... I actually screwed up the legs and redid it later on... the dowels were supposed to go inside the leg.

The Shiny Gold Dreadnought has also recently joined the ranks of the AoD. His original paint job was done by someone else.

The scout squad of infamy. The blue sword was someone else's paint job. Also, I still suck at painting scout armor.

Pictured here: None of these models have the same paint job anymore.

View from above. The metal model on the right was Njall in Terminator Armor. I plan to repaint him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...