Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wrecked Warhound WIP

So I figured now is a good time to take some pictures and what not of this bad boy. I've made some pretty decent progress so far, I'd say I'm about 60% done with it (this estimate may or may not include the crater it will be sitting in...) I still need to do a bunch of plates to break up the large flat areas (not a huge deal, just a bit tedious), and the slatted vents on the back shoulder-thingies (which I'm not necessarily looking forward to.) Also, I need to finish the gun and mount it. Aside from that... It's definitely coming together.

I'm actually kind of sad that I'm making this into terrain instead of an actual model, but such is life... in any case, enjoy the pics:




Granny grating and random hatches on the top of the hull.

You can't really see it too well, but the front grill sections are made of "granny grating."

Dunno why I added this detail, the head will probably be glued together... maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. This is looking awesome! Too bad you're using it as a wreck and not as an actual Titan... Do you have a Titan already? Maybe you could set it up in a modular style so that you can use it for both a wreck and a usable Titan (top is removable from the torso/legs and sits in a "crater"). Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had built a paper titan from the same templates back when I first started 40k (what can I say, I was ahead of the curve) but I didn't do any kind of detail work on it, and, it didn't hold up well to transport.

      http://talesoffireandice.blogspot.com/2012/08/hobby-my-humble-beginnings.html
      Pictures start about halfway down.

      That said, one day in the near future I'll be building one (or more) out of plasticard/sheet styrene. That'll be fun.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...