Monday, July 30, 2012

Crimson Fists: Vote for Pedro?

Solidarity with my Crimson Fist battle-brothers.
About two months ago, I built a Pedro Kantor look-a-like model out of random bits and painted him up all Crimson Fist like and everything. I did this for two reasons. First, I wanted to paint something different from Green/Burgundy and I hate Ultramarines and Yellow, so that narrowed my choices down. Second I have an unadulterated adoration for Sternguard Veterans in all their epic-bolter-fire glory, and Pedro makes them even better.



In light of 6th Edition's shooty bias, I'm starting a Crimson Fists force. I've reallocated models from the Copper Dragons (some of which, ironically were already reallocated from my Space Wolves... I should passingly refer to them as the stripper squad and see how my opponents react...) and building vehicles out of paper (thanks to one Mr. Patoroch...) I've already got 3 Predator Destructors and 4 Twin-Linked Lazorbacks in the hopper. One Lazorback is already about 90% built, though I would like to take this time to warn anyone starting off with PaperHammer models, Rhino chassis are a beast due to the little tread pieces... After a while, I'll likely build a couple Vindicators and a Godhammer Landraider or two. I really wish they (GW) would make Whirlwinds either have a better armament or be able to squadron. Then I could probably justify taking them. Love that model though...



So the question becomes: Should I use Pedro in my Crimson Fist lists, or should I hold on to Combat Tactics? Both have their merits... Pedro making everyone Stubborn and bringing ScoringGuard, and Combat Tactics being just plain awesome, especially running a super-shooty Marine list that really doesn't want to stay in combat if it doesn't have to...


What does everyone think?



Also, a crappy picture of the Pedro Model I built:



1 comment:

  1. Well, the Marines crappy CC ability is offset some by the +1 attack aura that Pedro has. Plus it's nice not having to pump all of your scoring into tactical squads.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...