Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Frigid Welcome


My Naval Starter Box for the Russians came in yesterday /Happyface, but my rulebook and STAR cards were delayed for a few days /Sadface.

In any case, I busted out my battle box, drooled over the models for a few minutes, and then proceeded to get a game in with a Republique of France player. Because it was my first game and I was more concerned about wrapping my head around gameplay mechanics, I didn't take any pictures of the game, but it was great. I actually ended up winning, but it was partly a miscalculation (literally, my opponent thought one of my squads was worth more Victory Points than it was.) and mostly Neophytes' Serendipity on my part. That and he didn't anticipate the obscene levels of firepower the Ruskies can bring at Rangeband 2.

The game want pretty smoothly, there was only one time a rules conundrum came up, but a simple reading yielded the correct course of action (in this particular case, it was Heat Lances vs a ship with Ablative Armor.) which is more than I can say about my ~4 years of playing 40k.

I very much look forward to playing this game a bunch more, and I already found a color scheme on of the official forums I'm TOTALLY gonna copy:



Scroll about half-way down...

Vaya con Dios,
Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...