Sunday, December 2, 2012

For the Greater Good!


I got to play a couple games using the Communist Space Fishies this Friday, and they are much more fun than I expected. I ended up borrowing the models from Yancy over at MyTauGoPewPew (he actually has pics of the Tau in question on his blog.). I ended up playing two games, both at 1850 and both being ended before turn 3.



The first game was versus Brian and his New-crons. Wraiths are scary. They can move fast, have a 3++ and are killy in combat. Tau don't like Wraiths.

Brain's list went something like this:
Necron Overlord
Cryptek Court (which got attached to Deathmark Squads.)
Deathmark squad(s)
Warrior Blob x3
Annihilation Barge x3
Wraith Squad x2

I had something like this:
Crisis Commander
3 man Crisis team x2
3 man Broadside team x2
6 man pathfinder team x2
12 man Firewarrior team x2
Railgun Hammerhead
Piranha squadron (3 model)

If it could take a Targeting array, it did, if it could take fusion guns, it did. If it could take disruption pods, they did. If it could take shield Drones, they did. Other than that, I have no idea what other upgrades I had.

Long story short, the Deathmark Crypteks wiped out both Broadsides, the Pathfinders refused to run away, even with all the Ld checks they were taking. Only one of the Barges ever got to fire (railslugs and fusion blasts taking all of them out by turn 2) The Warriors Guass blasted all my vehicles ('cept the RailHead, it survived both games...) to death and then (top of turn 3) the Wraith hit my lines. /Sadface

We then called it, 'cause there was very little left, and nothing to be done.

Then I got a half a game in Versus Josh and his Imperial Guard.

I really don't remember what he had. I know there was an Aegis Line, a Russ, an Executioner, a Blob squad, some Space Wolf allies, including two Grey Hunter drop pods and a rune priest, but that's all I can say for sure.

I ended up re-arranging my list, dropping a pathfinder squad and the piranhas, adding moar Firewarriors (including making one a Marker Drone carrier.), and changing up the guns on the suits, swapping out for missile pods and plasma guns, and giving them the "shoot two weapons a turn" upgrade. The broadsides kept the their targeting array, for that twin-linked BS4 goodness.

I did better this game, and by the time the shop closed (the reason it was a half a game...) it was turn 3-ish and all the firewarriors were still alive and I had two (out of three) objectives firmly in my grasp, though there would have been a group of grey hunters showing up and wrecking something's day soon. It definitely could have gone either way at that point, but I was doing well enough.

Vaya con Dios,
Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...