Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Four Pack of Destruction

So... Apocalypse game in ~3 weeks, and I don't have any kind of marines painted or assembled at this point. So that means I build some Warhounds. The game (in so far as I understand it) will be teams with 3000 pts per player (with hopefully roughly even sides) and it will be set up on three? 6x4 tables arranged in a T shape. So for my contribution I'mma build 4 Paper Titans... one for each Chaos God.

More after the JUMP!

I've been toying with the idea for a little while, and I've come to the conclusion that eventually (not necessarily in time for the Apoc game) to have them all fancificated and representative of each of their respective Gods... for example the Nurgle one will have sludge and sores and all manner of other assorted grossness on it. The Khorne one should also be easy enough... Spikes, Skulls, and Blood... 'nuf said. Tzeentch I've got a fuzzy idea... I think it'll probably end up looking more like a Thousand Sons model, tbh, but it's a little hard to capture the... ethereal wispyness... of Tzeetch in a 75 foot tall waddle-bot. I've actually had the hardest time trying to come up with something that was instantly recognizable as both A.) a Warhound, and B.) Slaanesh. I think what may end up happening is that it becomes a giant walking billboard of debauchery and other assorted Slaneshi raunchiness, to the tune of each of it's armored panel are a mural depicting an aspect of Slaanesh. Not quite what I'd originally intended, but I believe the Lord of Excess will be pleased with the outcome none the less.

Also, as for the Weapon loadouts on the titans, I'mma do it Fluffy (or at least somewhat):

Nurgle, Vulcan Megabolter (Every Titan will have one of these... they can actually hit fliers) and Inferno Cannon (which will be suitably modelled as a pestilence cannon but uses all the Inferno rules for simplicity's sake.)

Khorne, Vulcan Megabolter and Plasma Blast Gun (Now with Skulls, Spikes, and Blood!)

Tzeetch, Vulcan Megabolter and Turbolaser Destructor... which is really just an uber Bolt of Change... amirite?

Slaanesh Two Vulcan Megabolters

Also, also: Dreadnoughts that are similarly dedicated to the Four Winds of Chaos:

Slaanesh
Nurgle


Khorne


Tzeentch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...