Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Two Long Years

Quite a bit has happened in the time since I last posted. We finished the story of Silvr, there was a war, things blew up, we made a narrow escape to the outside world that was just as post-apocalyptic as I'd hoped. Great stuff. I'm sincerely sorry I can't regale you in better detail.



After that I DM'd a seafaring campaign... it went crazy OP pretty quickly. Everyone had fun anyway. We played a few DnD 3.5 campaigns, a Pathfinder campaign, some one off Call of Cthulu whatnots and finally ended on Numenera. If you haven't tried the system, it is pretty impressive, both as a player and as someone who rips gaming systems apart to see what makes them tick.



On the tabletop front, I own more X-wing Miniatures models than I can shake a stick at. Basically, the guy in the picture above is me. I also own an unfortunate amount of Dystopian Wars Russian Coalition Naval vessels, which makes me happy because they are great to paint, but I'll probably never get to use them in a game for the foreseeable future. The same goes for my Firestorm Armada Dindrenzi/Rense System Navy fleet. Fortunately I only have the two starters and they are pretty sweet looking, so no major loss there.

And then there's GW games. The one hobby I just can't quite give up on. I have altogether more models than I'll be able to tackle in any meaningful sense, but gorramit, I intend to try. I have Marines, Space Wolves, and Tau on the 40k side, and Vampire Counts for fantasy, because skeletons, that's why.

Hopefully, if I can muster the motivation, I'll post project and other updates, but as we all well know, life has an impressive ability to get in the way of things,

Vaya con Dios,
Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...