Sunday, March 4, 2012

Battle Barn 2/24/12 & 3/2/12

So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy, teeth!



Well, the Copper Dragons haven't been faring well at the Barn for the last two weeks... In my defense, I've been playing against armies that A.) I haven't ever played against, or B.) It's been more than 3 years since the last time I played against that army.

Last week I played against Tyler and his horrible evil "Can I Has A Hug?/Let's Have Babies!" Tyranid army. By the end of the fight I think I may have killed two of his squads of termagaunts...? which ever the shooty gribblies are... and he pretty much just ran my marines over... and then his 'Nids subsequently ate their corpses. It was a sad day. I got a second game in against Reese and his Space Wolves, and they ran me over as well. That day was kinda meh in general for me, so I figured I'd try again next week and see if I fared better...

But I didn't. I ended up challenging Christian and his Black Templar army (never played vs. the Templar, but I figured they couldn't be THAT much different from Vanilla Marines... I was wrong.) and we ended up with a kill points mission. I'm lucky he didn't table my sorry butt. Well, he got 11 (out of 14) kill points and I got... 2 (out of ~8). I may be clinically depressed right now, but I can't tell because of how sad I am. Here's hoping I do better during the tournament next week.

As an interesting aside, Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail was quoted during both of these games... so it wasn't a complete loss. The game against the Tyranids my Dreadnought lost both of his arms and got immobilized and was (on multiple occasions) compared to the Black Knight ('Tis only a flesh wound!) And apparently, the Black Templar are the current owners of all remaining Holy Hand Grenades of Anitoch in the galaxy... Though I did thoroughly enjoy being blown to tiny bits.

Vaya con Dios,
Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...