Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hive Fleet Mandragora

So... It turns out I can paint Bugs something fancy.


About a month ago, I nabbed a box of Gargoyles (using my Big Kidz Games tournament winnings) so I could use the wings to kit bash some dragon wing jump packs for my Copper Dragons. I built one (using a Chaos backpack as the base) and the wings just looked downright weedy. So I ended up deciding that the Chaos Possessed wings are the way to go at this point. Though I'm looking into the possibility of sculpting a couple sets in different poses (because the same set of wings is gonna get pretty boring across the whole army.)


After I decided to scrap the wing-backpack hybrid project, I decided that, for kicks, I wanted to build and paint one of the little flying freaks, and after about two hours, Hive Fleet Mandragora was born. At first, it was supposed to be jet black with a green carapace, but I ended up extending the green out to most of the model (though there are still parts that are black). The wings and the gun I painted purple (mostly because I've always had an appreciation for that particular combo, and that I happened to have some purple paint.)

Here's some pics. The model looks better in person. I really like how the edge highlighting worked out, never could quite make it look right on power armor...







2 comments:

  1. Nice looking paint Job. Might a suggest a simple light box or infinity wall (curved piece of paper) for photographing your models so they stand out better. And maybe a better camera, those shots are awefull grainy.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I didn't notice until after I'd uploaded and posted the pics how meh they were. Definitely going to get at least a lightbox soon. But the camera is probably not getting an upgrade, unless/until I get a newer phone. Though, I know I really should get a decent camera... yet another something to add to the list of future purchases.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...