Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Hounds of Hel

The Hounds of Hel are finally making a comeback. For those of you out of the loop, the Hounds are the army I started playing 40k with. They are a Renegade Space Wolves Company (I use the Space Wolf Codex and models, I just hate that freaking powder blue color...) that have been sitting on the shelf since I re-purposed most of the models I collected for them to my Copper Dragons. The reason I did so was two fold, A.) I wanted to try a different army (albeit still Marines), and B.) about 70% of the marine models I had came from Black Reach/Tactical boxes and didn't look very Wolfy.


Here's the list for the army I'm running:
Rune Priest, Boltgun, Living Lightning,  Murderous Hurricane, Chooser of the Slain 110
Rune Priest, Bolt Pistol, Storm Caller, Living Lightning, Chooser of the Slain 110
Grey Hunters x8, Meltagun, Power Weapon, Rhino 175
Grey Hunters x8, Meltagun, Power Weapon, Rhino 175
Dreadnought, Heavy Flamer 115
Predator Destructor 85
Land Speeder Typhoon 90
Longfang x6, Missile Launcher x5 140
Longfang x6, Missile Launcher x5 140
WolfGuard x10, Cyclone Terminator x2, Power Weapons x4, Combi Melta x2, Powerfist x2 360

Total: 1500

Well, they got a game in last night, and it was intense. I built this particular Hounds list for the upcoming 1500 point tournament in March. At its core it should be quite effective, but I need to learn how to apply that effectiveness to battles. A prime example of this happened in the game last night: I left my Long Fangs flanks open and they subsequently got eaten by Shadow Captain Shrike and his Fleet Assault Marines of DOOOooom!

In any case, I need to throw this list against more players and see how it fares.

Vaya con Dios,
Timothy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...